The AISC 341-16 and AISC 358-16 Edition changes have been implemented into RISAConnection v13.
To select this code for your design, simply choose the AISC 360-16 code from the Solution tab within the Project Settings. Previously, the seismic detailing checks were only available when the AISC 360-10 code was selected.
If you are integrating connections from RISAFloor or RISA-3D, choose the AISC 360-16 code from the Codes tab within the Model Settings.
A few notable changes in RISAConnection between AISC 341/358-10 and AISC 341/358-16 include:
- Calculation of limiting width-to-thickness ratios in Table D1.1
- Calculation of panel-zone doubler plates and transverse stiffeners for moment frames
- Calculation of sum of expected flexural strength of beams at the plastic hinge location for special moment frames
- Calculation of required shear strength of connections
- Calculation of expected compressive strength for braced frames
- Calculations of bolt bearing and tearout strength
- Use of E90 welds in seismic system
- Use of ASTM A1085/A1085M for HSS shapes
- Use of ASTM A913/A913M Gr. 70 for Hot-rolled shapes